Wednesday, March 14, 2012

RAOK REQUEST!!!

So my blogger friend Glennon over at momastery.com came up with the idea.  She has this amazing blog and all the readers are called Monkees (little monks).  I would go  on to explain more here but I am just going to steal her idea and give her credit for making me want to do this. I do not think Glennon would mind.  She envisions a world that love can and will change.  And my blogging friend Ann Voskamp, whose work I so often quote, I must credit her for showing me how to live ready and that all is good, all is good.   So here's my request for my very small circle of reader friends and I am so hoping you will share with all your friends and they will share with all their friends and it the RAOK just goes on and on. 

I have never met her mother but I know her daughter and I can imagine what her Mom must be like. 
 
Her daughter has learned how to live ready.  No one warns which days will forever change our lives. No one warns the morning the storm will descend. No one wakes us that morning and says, This day will require you have an unwavering trust in the sovereignty of God."  You just have to live ready.  Her daughter knows how. 
Her daughter knows as Julian of Norwich said, "All will be well, all matter of things will be well."
Her daughter knows knows the answer to the questions St. Augustine asked, "If there is no God, why is there so much good?  If there is a God, why is there so much evil?" Her daughter knows not to focus on the second question more than the first.  Her daughter knows that "all of life points to the goodness of God."
Her daughter knows that prayer does not change things...prayer changes you so you can face the things....
Her daughter know it is best in this life to do two things and to do things consistently:  Love and stay prayed up.  Everything else is commentary.
 
My friend (the daughter), her mom is beginning a tough, tough journey.  Her mom was diagnosed with cancer.  Her mom is just like her daughter.  I just know.  So in honor of my friend and her mother I want everyone who reads this to do one RAOK on Friday.  Friday is the day they will learn what the journey is going to look like and what they are going to need for this journey.  I want all of us who know and love my friend and her mom and her family and those of us who don't to spread love in honor of them Friday.  Friday will be a tough day but it doesn't have to be an impossible day.  I want you to post here on Friday or your FB page or my friend's page each and every single RAOK done in their honor Friday.  I want them to be surrounded in love Friday...I want us to make the load lighter...None of us can walk the journey for them but we can make it easier.  We can make sure they have enough provisions for the journey.  We can be the light for the road. 
 
My friend, you don't have to worry, all of your friends those you know and those you don't, we got this.  We have your back.  Prayers and love will sustain you through the journey.  So you just focus on being a daughter and being with your mom.  We will keep you prayed up.
 
T\hanks to my blogger friends who gave me the idea.  Thanks to all of you who may read this and spread love on behalf of my friend and daughter.  And thanks to Mother Teresa who knew "no act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted."

No comments:

Post a Comment